Welcome to The SVU Connection, an Internet haven for both newcomers and veterans to NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
The SVU Connection includes an episode guide, an image gallery, cast and crew information, trivia for the show, SVU-related downloads, fan-fiction, links and information about the site's creator. The episode guide contains lists and air dates of each episode while the image gallery has photos of the cast, behind the scenes images and general images from the show including logos and emblems. The cast and crew information will give details about Law & Order: SVU's cast and crew. The Trivia and Downloads sectionals hold trivia and downloadable items pertaining to the show and Fan Fiction contains original fictional writings written by fans of the show. About Me contains contact information for the site's creator and Links has several links to other Law & Order: SVU websites including the official one at NBC.
Have a good time browsing each of the sectionals as this site will be updated often with news regarding the show and its actors as well as additional episode reviews and updates to fan fiction.
News and Updates (archives)
- 3/20/10 - It has been a while...The truth of the matter is that I haven't watched any SVU this season, so I've "downgraded" this site as a part of Dorienne Smith.com. I plan on continuing to write fan fiction and I'm sure some day I'll start watching again, but for now, the site will focus almost exclusively on fiction. I'll be completing some of my older unfinished stories in the coming weeks and then will continue with new projects. Cheers!
- 3/18/09 - I have updated Secrets and I should also have a few more episodes up by the weekend. Also, I am on Twitter and I "tweet" throughout new episodes. Follow me if you get the chance. :)
- 2/8/09 - Wow! This is probably the longest I have gone without an update to the site. RL issues notwithstanding, I have updated Secrets. I now have a Twitter where I detail many of my writing exploits as well my political ravings that don't seem worth an entire blog post and simple day-to-day doldrums.
- 11/24/08 - I started a new story, Secrets. I know I am behind on Post, but updates are forthcoming, I am still working on my pending bigger stories (eg. Mitchell Pauley and Reprecussions) and I am planning to continue Everything's Fine before the year's end, but...I figure if I can just get used to updating a story each week again, I can get into a rhythm. Also, I am about to close to forum for the time being. I won't delete the accounts that are there; I will just move the forum's folder and unlink it from this site, most likely by the end of the week.
- 10/17/08 - After a long and much needed rest, I have finally started Post with Post-Trials: Lights
- 9/25/08 - Added "Flight Facts" to the page for Flight and also added Trials* to Downloads. I am also planning a new fanfiction series: Post. The new series will include post-episode stories for just about every episode of the show. Hopefully the Post from Trials will be up by Saturday. (all videos are especially craptastic to urge you to buy them for yourselves)
- 9/17/08 - Okay, so the last chapter of Flight is late, but I promise it is not my fault. Hurricane Ike knocked out power and, especially Internet, for most of Ohio on Sunday. I know it sounds ridiculous when you hear "hurricane" and "Ohio" in the same sentence, but it happened and I only got this updated by the wireless Internet from my alma mater. :)
- 9/11/08 - Sorry for the lengthy delay. The second to last chapter of Flight is here! Also, as today marks the seventh anniversary of 9/11/01, I encourage anyone reading to take a moment to just...reflect.
- 8/17/08 - Got Chapter 32 of Flight added. Chapter 33 is coming on Wednesday (23:45ish, EST) and after that, there is just one more chapter...
- 8/13/08 - Flight has been updated to Chapter 31. I am really trying to push and get the last few chapters finished before my graduation on the 24th, so check back for updates often.
- 7/24/08 - At last! Chapter 30 of Flight.
- 7/17/08 - James Brolin will appear in the season premiere of Season 10
- 7/16/08 - I finally completed Season One for the Episode Guide. The rest are coming in the next few weeks.
On Flight: I will not say it is on hiatus at the moment; it just needs a lot of work because these last few chapters have been a bit neglected until now and I am starting to see how much my writing has changed in as little as a year. My goal is Saturday July 19th, but I will have something completed for sure by the 22nd, even if it is just a short chapter to get the ball rolling.
- 7/4/08 - Michaela McManus will be replacing Diane Neal for Season Ten.
About the Show
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is the second in a myriad of programs in the Law & Order franchise, created by producer Dick Wolf. The flagship program, Law & Order, follows a strict design allowing the first half of an episode to focus on the detectives working a specific case and the second half focusing on the district attorneys involved with trying said case. SVU differs from its sister show by concentrating almost completely on the police and detectives' investigations. SVU also differs from the original in that its storylines follow crimes that are sexual in nature, mimicking that of Manhattan's real-life Special Victims Unit. While there are three shows of the Law & Order franchise still on the air, SVU is arguably one of the most popular and it includes its own specific opening voiceover:
In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.
- Review: Episode "911"
- Review: Episode "Raw" (coming soon)